Sunday, July 24, 2011

I've grown up...


Yet another day. Yet another time.

This is what I felt on 25th day of July, 2010. But still took a step forward to actually convert my dream of having a blog by my name into reality. And hence this journey started. I felt quite alienated to this new and vast world. And choosing between 'blogger' and 'wordpress' seemed like a life/death decision. Fiddled, learnt and hence eureka!!!!

Let me scratch my mind a little and rewind the time, dating back to the previous year. Looking back has never been this beautiful until it concerned Euphoria. I read somewhere: 'Dreams don't come cheap'. Well, it might sound kiddish but having a blog was actually one of my dreams. To have a space where I could pen down my thoughts and write as 'I' want to. And what is better than people following you to read what you actually have to say?! I may not be the original thinker but yes, I am an original listener. So as I listened, I wrote. I wrote, wrote and wrote. And here I am. :) This Euphoria absorbed my observations like a beautiful and welcoming sponge. And as the sponge absorbs and grows, so did Euphoria. It slowly and gradually became the primary outlet for my self-expression.

MF Hussain once said, "When I begin to paint, I hold the sky in my hands as the stretch of my canvas is unknown to me." And believe me, the moment Euphoria was born, I had no clue how to go about it. What to write, how to write and when to write. But, I tell you, this space is infectious. The moment I click on 'New Post' button I feel like stepping into a vast field with no treasure map in my hand. When I start writing, my fingers press the desired keys automatically. And my thoughts actually get converted into words. Awesome.

Moving on, I would quote another saying by yet another amazing man, George Eliot, "It's never too late to be who you might have been". I associate this with the 'Best Blog in Personal Category' accolade. I could have never imagined in my wildest dreams to participate and My Euphoria to actually win it too.

God has really been great. The journey has really been awesome and this flashback makes me fill up with pride. And hence I proudly say that My Euphoria is one year old now. Cheers!! \m/

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you write. Quite an inspiration to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Parichita!
    Me and inspiring someone? I'm on Cloud 9! :D

    ReplyDelete

Finding Home

I moved to Canada about 2 years ago. The world around and within me changed. Now, this realization wasn’t instantaneous. Definitely not th...