Monday, December 6, 2010

Rich-Wish!!



Eavesdropped a story being discussed in the living room today eve. Can't clearly say that I was touched by it. But yeah, I could rather see a part of each one of us in it. Be it about the family, friends or the world. How everyone tries to carve a niche for himself. And if failing, which form do those wishes take

to come out. Anyways, my views apart, here's the story. Read it and form a view for yourself.

One fine day when students had completed their class work, their teacher gave them a particular task. The students were asked to write a letter to God and mention the things they want. Whatever it may be. Be it shoes, clothes, cars, bungalows or anything. But they had to be specific with it. At the end of the lecture, the teacher collected all the letters. Took them home. Started reviewing all the wishes of the children of her class. Impromp

tu, she started crying reading one of the similar looking but unique letters. Upon being asked by her husband, she let him read the whole letter. It read as follows :
"Dear God,

I just want to be the television of my home. I just want that when Dad comes back from work, he should take out time to be with me. When Mom is angry or sad, she shouldn't sideline me rather be with me to cheer herself up. My brothers and sisters should fight with one another to have my remote and watch me what I am doing. Howsoever, busy anyone in the family might be, but they should rearrange their priorities and find some time of their day to be with just-me, listen carefully to what I say, see what I do, laugh at my silly acts, enjoy my company."

Reading this, her husband just drops the letter on the table, commenting, "Oh, pity that child! What kind of parents does he have?" And he walks away. The wife says, "It's our child's."

3 comments:

  1. hahahahha.....nw dis is wt u call a "RiCh" wish....n really i guess every1 can feel dat kid inside them...n specially me...i mean a daydreamer lyk me who always keeps thinkin wt do i want....nyc story huh.....intelligent kid...!!:

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously "kite"! this really could be the story of nuclear families that are emerging in this fast paced life...lesson from this is-----"All those who read this blog post should be very particular about their kids(DON'T WORRY u r going to be parents soon ;))....never thought that u(The author of the blog) have so intricate feelings about life...keep it going Aman ! ur Kids are going to be the luckiest in the world...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Garima: First of all, thanks for always reading the posts and posting ur comments..n secondly, srsly..Hats off to ur day dreaming!! Noone can beat it! :D

    @Rishabh: Firstly, thanks to u for the new "7-Dec" name! :) And secondly, luckiest ppl in the world? Ahaan..nyc..thnx again! :) Plus u didn't know that I have so intricate feelings about life? Lol..Well, guess we haven't had a talk since long then! Time to catch up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Finding Home

I moved to Canada about 2 years ago. The world around and within me changed. Now, this realization wasn’t instantaneous. Definitely not th...